via FC Dallas
Frisco, TX – FC Dallas remains unbeaten on Fourth of July since 2007 (8-0-3 record) after defeating D.C. United, 2-0, at Toyota Stadium with goals from Santiago Mosquera and Dominique Badji. FC Dallas did not play on July 4 in 2010 and 2011.
- 6’ – A corner was worked to Brandon Servania outside the box, and his shot was saved but the ball fell to Bressan who crossed it and Santiago Mosquera knocked the ball in with his thigh to give FC Dallas an early 1-0 lead.
- 10’ – Paxton Pomykal drove forward from the midfield and eventually took the strike, but his shot was pushed over by Bill Hamid.
- 16’ – Pomykal held the ball up on the edge of D.C. United’s box and laid it off to Servania but his low first-time shot went just wide of the far post.
- 42’ – A cross was swung in and Wayne Rooney headed straight at Jesse Gonzalez who dived to save the shot and seconds later got to his feet to deny Rooney on the rebound.
- 66’ – Mosquera beat two defenders inside the box and his shot was parried into the path of Dominique Badji who had an easy tap-in into the empty net to give FC Dallas a 2-0 lead.
- 68’ – Mosquera ran down the wing and his clever cutback found Michael Barrios unmarked from 10 yards, who fired his shot over the bar.
- 73’ – D.C. United went down to 10 men after Luciano Acosta was dismissed following a VAR review on his foul against Paxton Pomykal.
- 80’ – Ryan Hollingshead picked up the loose ball and drove into the box, but he could only blaze over the bar.
- 86’ – Mosquera broke forward and his pass was deflected into the path of an onrushing Pomykal whose goal-bound shot was pushed wide by Hamid.