– Patton Chapman
has been elected president of Salesmanship Club of Dallas, the nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming childrens’ lives since 1920. He is the 99th
president of the organization, which owns and operates Momentous Institute and hosts the AT&T Byron Nelson. The annual PGA TOUR event is Momentous Institute’s primary fundraiser.
“This year, the Salesmanship Club has made significant strides toward launching the next 50 years of the AT&T Byron Nelson, as we continue to further the life-changing work of Momentous Institute,” Chapman said. “It is an honor to work alongside my fellow Club members toward the common goal of changing the odds for children and families in our city. I am humbled and grateful for this opportunity.”
Chapman, a member of the Salesmanship Club of Dallas since 2000, is a lifelong resident of the city of Dallas, and a graduate of Highland Park High School and Southern Methodist University. He has since enjoyed a successful career in the real estate business. Chapman previously served as tournament chair for the 2014 AT&T Byron Nelson and Salesmanship Club Charitable Golf of Dallas board chair for the 2015 and 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson.
The Salesmanship Club president serves a one-year term. In addition to Chapman, six new members were elected to leadership positions on the Salesmanship Club Board of Directors:
- First vice president: Peter A. Lodwick, RGT Wealth Advisors
- Second vice president: Timothy Marron Jr., BCW Food Products, Inc.
- Secretary: Martin C. Peck, Lincoln Rackhouse
- Treasurer: Bruce W. Hunt, Petro-Hunt LLC
- Momentous Institute Board Chair: James Yoder, Velocis
- Salesmanship Club Charitable Golf of Dallas Board Chair: Mike McKinley, Shackelford, Bowen, McKinley & Norton, LLP
Additional members elected to the 2018-2019 Board of Directors include:
- Joseph Alcantar, JKM Capital Management LP
- Timothy P. Costello, Newstone Capital Partners, LLC
- Nelson DeVega, Nelson DeVega Homes
- Randall R. Engstrom, Darr Equipment Company
- Michael George, Bilbo Transports, Inc.
- Guy H. Kerr, George W. Bush Presidential Center
- Michael S. Lewis, Velocis
- Bruce A. Sifford, Direct Development
- Charles D. Spradley, Spradley Legal Search
- Michael R. Sweet, Ben E. Keith Foods
- Walter A. Walne, Herb’s Paint and Body Shops
- Joseph I. Worsham II, EAW Energy Partners
About the Salesmanship Club of Dallas
Founded in 1920, the Salesmanship Club of Dallas
is a nonprofit service organization of more than 600 business leaders dedicated to building and repairing social emotional health for children through the programs of Momentous Institute
. The Salesmanship Club of Dallas has hosted the AT&T Byron Nelson
golf tournament for 50 years. The tournament has raised over $160 million for Momentous Institute since 1968. Each year, Momentous Institute directly serves over 5,500 children and family members through its nationally acclaimed Momentous School, innovative therapeutic services, and reaches thousands more through its research and training.