FC Dallas Beats Minnesota

FRISCO, TEXAS – Maynor Figueroa and Michael Barrios found the back of the net for FC Dallas in a 2-0 victory vs. Minnesota United FC Saturday night at Toyota Stadium.

The win was the 200th MLS regular-season victory for FCD in DFW since 1996. The match was also FC Dallas captain Matt Hedges’ 200th MLS regular-season appearance. The game was delayed 154 minutes from its original kickoff time of 7:08 to 9:42 PM CT due to storms moving through the Frisco.

Pablo Aránguiz nearly put FC Dallas in front in the 20th minute when he split two Minnesota United FC defenders with a through ball to Reggie Cannon at the far side of the area. Cannon tried to chip Minnesota’s Bobby Shuttleworth, who had charged off his line, but the goalkeeper caught a piece of the shot to keep the match level, 0-0.

Aránguiz nearly did the job himself in the 37th minute. The Chilean dribbled into the heart of the Minnesota defense, cut left around a defender and tried to beat Shuttleworth high to the near post. The goalkeeper was in good position and made a diving save to his right side to push the shot out for a corner kick.

FC Dallas took a 1-0 lead into halftime when a cross from the right flank was redirected on goal. Shuttleworth made the initial, point-blank save, but the rebound fell to the feet of FC Dallas defender Maynor Figueroa. The Honduran reached back with his left foot to deflect the ball into the back of the net, but the initial call on the field was that Figueroa scored from an offside position. After video review, referee Ismail Elfath ruled that since the first attempt on goal came off Minnesota defender Michael Boxall, Figueroa was not in an offside position.

Michael Barrios put FCD up, 2-0, in the 57th minute when he curled a shot over the head of Shuttleworth and into the far side netting. Carlos Gruezo assisted on the play by getting the ball to Barrios at the top of the area. The assist was Gruezo’s first of the season and the sixth of his MLS career.

Share and Enjoy !