via FC Dallas
Frisco, TX – FC Dallas beat Sporting Kansas City 6-0 to clinch the seventh seed in the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs and earn a first-round playoff matchup against the second-seeded Sounders in Seattle. Dallas and Seattle played to a 0-0 draw on September 18, 2019.
- 9’ – Bryan Acosta found space in midfield and his long ball was collected by Zdenek Ondrasek, who took a few touches and fired the ball beyond the reach of Eric Dick.
- 12’ – Santiago Mosquera drifted past his marker after a pass from Brandon Servania and his cross found an unmarked Matt Hedges from four yards who knocked it into the back of the net to give FC Dallas a 2-0 lead.
- 37’ – Reggie Cannon cut inside and curled a shot towards the far corner, but his shot flew high and wide.
- 40’ – Krisztián Németh found space in front of the FC Dallas back four but his through ball was too heavy and Jesse Gonzalez was able to make a save.
- 46’ – Michael Barrios was released over the top, but Luis Martins got back into position at the last second to knock it behind.
- 51’ – Mosquera dribbled past two men and his curled shot took a massive deflection off Botond Baráth but still made it to the net to give FC Dallas a 3-0 lead.
- 54’ – Ferreira turned in the midfield and slid the ball down the wing for Barrios, who blasted the ball into the back of the net.
- 62’ – Ferreira picked up on a loose ball in the midfield, but the ball got trapped under his feet and he couldn’t squeeze his shot past Dick.
- 68’ – Ondrasek glided into the box and flicked Cannon’s cross into the net to earn himself a brace and a 5-0 lead.
- 73’ – Barrios’ cross was deflected into the path of Ferreira who whipped the ball into the corner to complete the win.