Atlanta, GA – FC Dallas earn three points at Mercedes-Benz Stadium after defeating Atlanta United FC, 2-1, with goals from Jesus Ferreira and Bryan Acosta.
- 6’ – Jesus Ferreira sloted home the first goal of the match from a Michael Barrios cross outside the box after Barrios intercepted the ball from Atlanta.
- 26’ – Ezequiel Barco attempted to find an equalizer but his shot outside the box hit the right post following an Atlanta corner.
- 41’ – Reto Ziegler’s curling shot was saved by Brad Guzan in the bottom right following a free kick.
- 45’ +5’ – Jesse Gonzalez made a last minute save in the first half after Barco curls his shot to the bottom right of the goal outside the box.
- 52’ – Gonzalez with a diving save towards his left post off a Gressel free kick.
- 61’ – Barco hit the frame for the second time of the evening from a free kick.
- 67’ – Brek Shea inches away to put the equalizer in after breaking into the box and chipping the ball over a rushing out Gonzalez
- 79’ – Gonzalez with another save after Josef Martínez turned around a defender and got away a shot from close range.
- 82’ – Gonzalez made a crucial reflex save to keep FC Dallas’ lead intact towards the corner of his left post after Leandro González Pirez attempts a header.
- 84’ – Bryan Acosta doubled the lead for FC Dallas in similar fashion to Dallas’ first goal of the match. Edwin Cerrillo sends a long shot to Barrios and Acosta connects with a cross from Barrios to score.
- 90+7’ – Martínez scored the first goal for Atlanta from the penalty spot after Shea was fouled by Carlos Gruezo inside the box.