San Jose, CA (November 7, 2021) FC Dallas (7-15-12, 33 points) earns a point on the road against San Jose Earthquakes (10-13-11, 41 points) to close out the 2021 season at PayPal Park Sunday evening.
- 18’ – SHOT (SJ) – Cade Cowell had a chance to put San Jose in front but his left-footed shot sailed over the bar.
- 25’ – SHOT (SJ) – Chris Wondolowski went through on goal but his shot was saved by Jimmy Maurer from close range.
- 30’ – SHOT (DAL) – Jesús Ferreira stepped up to the free kick just outside San Jose’s 18-yard box but his shot was blocked by the wall.
- 34’ – GOAL (SJ) – Marcos López’ backwards cross fell into the path of Wondolowski, who struck it first time and gave San Jose the 1-0 lead.
- 40’ – SHOT (DAL) – Ricardo Pepi’s penalty kick bounced off the crossbar.
- 42’ – GOAL (DAL) – Jáder Obrian went through one-on-one with Daniel Vega and slotted the ball past him to tie the match at 1-1, following a long pass from Jesús Ferreira.
- 51’ – SAVE (DAL) – Cade Cowell shot inside the six-yard box was saved by Maurer’s foot, following a cross from López on the left.
- 59’ – SHOT (DAL) – Jesús Ferreira’s long range shot went wide of goal after receiving a pass from Nkosi Tafari.
- 68’ – SHOT (SJ) – Paul Marie forced a diving save from Jimmy Maurer with a curling free kick from outside Dallas’ penalty box.