Frisco, Texas (September 29, 2021) – FC Dallas (6-13-9, 27 points) fell 1-3 to Sporting Kansas City (14-6-7, 49 points) with a goal from Ricardo Pepi on Wednesday night at Toyota Stadium.
- 12’ – GOAL (SKC) – Luís Martins’ pass fell to Dániel Sallói who cut into the middle and took a shot from the outside of the box that ended in the top right corner to give Sporting KC the 1-0 lead.
- 23’ – SAVE (DAL) – Johnny Russell’s free kick attempt from the right side of the box was punched away by Maurer.
- 29’ – SHOT (DAL) – Bressan’s header inside the box goes wide right of Tim Melia’s goal, following a corner kick from Jesús Ferreira.
- 49’ – SHOT (DAL) – Facundo Quignon’s through ball fell to Szabolcs Schön who encountered Melia in a one on one and sent his shot over the crossbar.
- 55’ – GOAL (SKC) – Johnny Russell penalty kick beats Jimmy Maurer and ends in the bottom right corner to extend Sporting KC’s lead to 2-0.
- 61’ – GOAL (SKC) – José Mauri played a through ball into the path of Dániel Sallói who dribbled into the box and with a powerful shot beat Maurer to make it 3-0.
- 68’ – GOAL (DAL) – Ryan Hollingshead played a through ball into Ricardo Pepi who calmly placed it out of reach for Melia and pulled one back to make it 1-3 and score his 13th goal of the season.
- 90’+3’ – SHOT (DAL) – Ricardo Pepi volleys the first shot attempt that is blocked by Melia, then on the rebound his shot goes over the goal, following a cross from Ema Twumasi.