Frisco, Texas – FC Dallas played to a 1-1 draw with New England Revolution in the first game of the 2019 Major League Soccer season. FC Dallas’ Michael Barrios, who wears number 21, scored in the 13th minute of the match. The home opener was dedicated to former FC Dallas Technical Director and National Soccer Hall of Famer, Fernando Clavijo, who also wore number 21 as a player with the U.S. Men’s National Team.
- 2’ – Teal Bunbury attempts a left-footed volley from the edge of the box but it skews well of Jesse Gonzalez’s goal.
- 8’ – Jacori Hayes hits a shot just over the bar after receiving a cutback from Reggie Cannon at the top of the box.
- 10’ – Dominique Badji has his first sight of goal with a low left-footed drive from outside the box but the shot is directly at Brad Knighton in goal.
- 13’ – Michael Barrios scores FC Dallas’ first goal of the 2019 season after receiving a knockdown header from Dominique Badji at midfield and carrying the ball 50 yards into New England’s box before beating the goalkeeper with a low shot into the far post.
- 32’ – Michael Barrios nearly gets on the end of Reggie Cannon’s cutback but the danger is cleared away.
- 45’ – Antonio Delamea nearly scores the equalizer for New England from a header off a set piece by Carles Gil.
- 57’ – Carles Gil scores the equalizer for New England with a left-footed shot into the near post after receiving the ball in the box from a knockdown header by Antonio Delamea.
- 67’ – Ryan Hollingshead connects with Michael Barrios’ cross but his volley is straight at Knighton in goal.
- 79’ – Bryan Acosta attempts a shot from outside the box but it sails well over the bar.
- 89’ – Bryan Acosta sends a left-footed volley high over the bar.