via FC Dallas
Frisco, TX –
FC Dallas earns three points at home after shutting out Toronto FC, 3-0, with a goal from Bressan and brace from Dominique Badji.
- 12’ – Paxton Pomkyal played a through ball that split the Toronto FC defense, but Jesús Ferreira could only shoot straight at Quentin Westberg.
- 39’ – Michael Barrios wiggled through the Toronto defense and his near post shot was well saved by Westberg.
- 39’ –FC Dallas continued to test Westberg from long range, and Bressan tried a long range piledriver and forced Westberg to make another important save.
- 41’ – After a run down the right side, a Barrios cross eventually found its way to Dominique Badji by way of Jesus Ferreira, who tapped the ball in from short range to open the scoring.
- 47’ – Paxton Pomykal found himself with the ball 30 feet from goal and drove into the box but saw his shot saved.
- 48’ – Alejandro Pozuelo had an immediate impact and played a ball behind the defense but Jesse Gonzalez came out and made a fingertip save.
- 51’ – Barrios’s corner was an outswinger and Bressan met the cross and hammered a header past Westberg’s despairing grasp to score his first FC Dallas goal.
- 58’ – FC Dallas had a 3-on-2, and Ferreira attracted the last defender and played in Badji who curled it into the far corner past Westberg to put FC Dallas up 3-0.
- 79’ – Reto Ziegler found himself with the ball in the box but his goal bound shot from 10 yards was blocked.