Quarterback TONY ROMO of the Dallas Cowboys, safety ROMAN HARPER of the New Orleans Saints and kicker JASON HANSON of the Detroit Lions are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played the second week of the 2011 season (September 18-19), the NFL announced today.
OFFENSE: QB TONY ROMO, DALLAS COWBOYS
• Romo completed 20 of 33 passes (60.6 percent) for 345 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions for a 116.4 passer rating in the Cowboys’ 27-24 overtime victory at San Francisco.
• Playing with a rib injury, Romo led the Cowboys to a fourth-quarter comeback as Dallas tied the game at the end of regulation with a field goal. In overtime, Romo set up the game-winning field goal with a 77-yard pass to wide receiver JESSE HOLLEY.
• Romo threw two touchdowns – both to wide receiver MILES AUSTIN – and extended his club record streak of consecutive games with a TD pass to 20.
• This season, Romo has 687 passing yards (two 300-yard games) and a 108.8 passer rating.
• In his ninth season from Eastern Illinois, this is Romo’s fifth career Player of the Week Award and first since 2007 (Week 13).
• Romo and Pro Football Hall of Famer TROY AIKMAN (six) are the only quarterbacks in franchise history to win the award at least five times.